Sunday, February 7, 2010

In today...

I got four packages today. And I bought something locally, as well. I hope my wife doesn't find this blog!

One of the four packages had Battlemechs in it, so nothing to do with this blog. And the seller gave me two left arms for one of the minis, not one of each. I think he is recasting, to be honest. Won't be buying from him again.

Another package was a set of forty painted Zulus that I sent off. They look pretty good, and will be making an appearance on my other blog, Victoria's Boys in Red.

I bought the current Empire army book at a local store. Got it for 45% off, as he had overstocked and offered it to me at cost. Now I can figure out what I need to actually build a legal army...

Otherwise, I got the next-to-newest Empire army book in one package. Very handy. Lots of good fluff material and plenty of artwork and painting tips.

I also got some minis in that I had ordered off eBay. Except for one or two things, they were pretty good. They include (already accounted for in the listing):
  • 18 Swordsmen
  • 17 Halberdiers
  • 3 Reiksguard command (foot)
  • 1 Light Acolyte

2 comments:

  1. I talked to Iken and as soon as he can unearth his Empire stuff he'll give me a tally and a quote. He's also got some Dwarves if you want them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks on the short legged ones. They are tough as nails (or used to be - dunno anymore), but so SLOW it hurts.

    ReplyDelete